Friday, February 8, 2019

Brainstorming

          Now that Klaus and I have a set genre for our short film, we now want to focus on the story line.  In my last post I talked about thinking of making a short film about being alone like in A Quiet Place (which has little dialogue) and in I am Legend (where it was just the main character and his dog for most of the movie).  Klaus and I really like the idea of basing our story off of someone alone in the Post Apocalyptic world and there is little to no dialogue which further instills how alone the main character is.  For the title card I can definitely picture something with just the person in it, maybe far away from the camera to really show the loneliness that will be prominent throughout our entire short film.


          I really like this, but I think I would prefer the person to be more centered in the photo.  I like that the person is just barely noticeable, kind of like our idea for our short film.  I've also been researching movies that have little to no dialogue and they aren't as well known/made as movies full of dialogue.  According to BFI, movies that have little to no dialogue focus heavily on the "visual nature of cinema".  Most of the movies of BFI's top 10 movies with little to no dialogue are about people being alone, whether they be stranded on an island or an animated movie.  Klaus and I want to stick with the convention of movies having little to no dialogue be about loneliness, and in this case, in a Post Apocalyptic world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

          After 7 weeks of working on this project, here's my CCR.  Hope you enjoy!! Link to YouTube:  https://youtu.be/-Sw_K6wCFKU